Thursday 19 February 2015

Making it count

I have so far managed to neglect to mention one of my main motivations for running 26.2 miles in April - Charity! I was lucky enough to get a Ballot place for London however I have chosen to run as part of ABF The Soldiers Charity team in order to fundraise for this amazing cause.


Meet my Mascot - Zeus! Lifting him is becoming a
workout in itself!

From previous experience, when the going gets tough it's a huge motivation to me to know that people have got behind me by supporting my chosen Charity and is inspiration I need to dig deep and keep pushing.

Here's more on this wonderful charity from themeselves - ABF The Soldiers’ Charity are for soldiers, for life. We provide financial assistance to all soldiers and their families when in need. Even when a soldier leaves the Army they are still part of our family and eligible for our help. The scope of our work is huge. Half of our money is given direct to individuals to help in areas such as debt relief, mobility assistance, education bursaries, carehome fees and respite breaks. The other half is given as grants to other charities.

Your money can make a huge difference to those that dedicate their lives to keeping us safe so this is a great opportunity to give back to them. If you would like to make a contribution, then simply click here

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone that has donated so far, it really does mean so much to me.

This weekend I am running the Brighton Half Marathon, the first of two training races in preparation for the big day. This will be my first Half of the year and i'm really hoping to get a PB following all the miles I've been putting in - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment